There are hundreds of reasons for eating cake! Birthdays and Anniversaries are a very basic reason but there are many more other reasons for eating cake like you want a relishing dessert to pair up with your hot piping tea or just want to satisfy your PMS craving. You need not wonder about how to make cake at home! Here’s the best cake recipe ready for you. We just need any kind of reason to relish this amazing dessert. And the better if it is made at home by you only. Seems difficult? No, it’s not. Anyone can make an amazingly delicious cake.
If you’re worried about not having a microwave well then this recipe is just for you.
Here is an amazing cake recipe that you can easily make at home without a microwave. So don’t worry, treat your loved ones with this delicious cake made at home without a microwave oven.
Let’s see how to make a cake at home without an oven.
How To Make Cake At Home?
It is a very simple and quick recipe of cake. You can prepare it in very less time if you have some sudden guest dropping by, you can prepare this cake very easily in no time. No need for any exotic dish, just serve this delicious homemade cake paired up with hot tea or coffee.
You need very basic and few ingredients for the cake that are easily available in your kitchen.
Ingredients For Homemade Cake-
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cup milk
- 2 beaten egg
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
How To Make Cake- Complete Process
- Take a mixing bowl and add powdered sugar and butter in it. Whisk it well until it turns light and fluffy.
- Now add the beaten eggs and again beat the mixture well. The mixture will turn light with a white appearance.
- Sift the all-purpose flour with baking soda and baking powder. If you want a chocolate flavoured cake then sift some cocoa powder with it.
- Add the mixture in the egg mixture and beat all the ingredients well, the batter will turn soft and fluffy.
- Add vanilla essence to it and ageing blend well. Vanilla essence is important to hide the smell of eggs.
- Now prepare the baking tin by greasing it with butter or oil and sprinkling some maida.
- Preheat the cooker by adding a little water to protect the surface from not getting burnt.
- Pour the mixture into the greased tin and place it in the cooker over a stand or place an inverted plate on the surface of the cooker.
- Remove the whistle from the lid of the cooker and cook it for 30-45 minutes on a low flame.
- Turn the flame to the full for the last 5 minutes. Check the cake by inserting a knife, if the mixture doesn’t stick on the knife that means the cake is ready otherwise cook for another 10 mins.
- Remove the tin from the cooker, once it is cooled transfer the cake to a plate.
Serve the cake as per your choice. If you have prepared it for a special occasion then frost it with whipped cream and if you want to eat it just like this then it is good to go like this only. And now you’ve learnt how to make cake with a simple recipe!
For making a perfect sponge cake, make sure you whisk the batter well.
Using an electric blender will work great as it will make the batter frothy and light quickly.
If you don’t have butter available at home just substitute it with ghee and you can also substitute the vanilla essence with honey.
Perfect base for desired variations!
This homemade cake recipe can be used as a base for making other cake variations.
The best part about making this cake at home is that you have complete control over the ingredients you want to include. If you are a great fan of exotic nuts and dried fruits you can add it to the batter, it will taste amazing if you dry roast it first. This step will surely enhance the taste and flavour of the cake. Boast to everyone about your knowledge of how to make cake!
Try this easy yet delectable cake recipe to treat your loved ones with a homemade cake made with your love. Delve into the flavours of this delicious homemade cake.