Monsoon is the favourite season for many because of the rain and greenery. Everyone has their own way to enjoy monsoon, some like to get wet in the rain and dance like no ones watching while someone likes to enjoy it by sitting inside comfortably watching every drop of rain fall on the ground by sipping their tea. Rainy season can be a blessing for many or it can be a nightmare for some. It is very important to maintain a healthy monsoon skincare routine to keep your skin safe from infections and other adverse impacts during this season.
With the blissful showers monsoon also brings acid rain and the intolerable humidity in the climate. Due to this, your skin gets exposed to bacterial and fungal infections that can make your skin look dull. The humidity also messes up the beauty routine you generally follow and you gave up on following any other skincare routine because of the stickiness in the environment.
Well, don’t get depressed, in this blog we have compiled some simple and easy skincare tips to follow during this monsoon season for every skin type. Whether you have oily skin or a dry skin here you will get all you need.
Let’s see some tips to get better skin in monsoons.
6 Tips to get better Skin in Monsoons
- Cleansing:- It is very essential to clean your face at least 3 times a day during monsoons. Cleaning your face will remove the excess grime and oil that can clog your pores. Cleansing is very necessary as our skin becomes oily and sticky because of the humidity in the climate.
- Tone it up:- Toning is equally necessary as cleaning. Toning after cleaning is a must to add in your monsoon skincare routine. Use alcohol-free toner or it will be best to use a homemade toner like cucumber toner or Apple Cider Vinegar toners. Using a toner after cleansing shrinks the pores and even out your skin’s pH balance that makes your skin look smooth and glowing.
- Don’t forget sunscreen:- Even if it is raining outside or it seems cloudy but this is a must-do step to apply your sunscreen whenever on your way out as nothing can stop the harmful UV rays of the sun. Choose a sunscreen with a good SPF.
- Exfoliate:- Exfoliating your skin is very important to remove the dead cells and dirt from your skin. Try to exfoliate daily or at least 3 times a week to get a dirt-free smooth skin. But do it gently, don’t be harsh with your skin.
- Homemade face peels and packs:- In monsoons try to avoid chemical-based products to stay safe from any kind of skin allergies and infections. Try homemade face peels and packs, use the kitchen ingredients. They are natural and are more effective than any of the chemical-based products.
- Avoid artificial jewellery:- Monsoons are not for the experiments if you have sensitive skin. In this season try to not wear any kind of artificial jewellery as they can cause skin rashes and ringworms. The humid climate increases the risk of a breakout.
Monsoon Skincare Tips for Different Skin Types
Monsoon skincare for oily skin
Oily skin is likely to suffer from the occurrence of acne and seborrheic dermatitis in monsoon due to the humidity in the air. High humidity tends to provoke closed pores that increase the sebum production in turn. The excess oil gets trapped on the skin surface that attracts dust and dirt. This turns our skin breeding ground of bacteria that causes skin problems like acne.
What to do:-
- Gentle oil cleanser:- To prevent your skin from this use a gentle oil cleanser and clean your face at least 3 times a day.
- None comedogenic sunscreen:- Use a non-comedogenic sunscreen which will not clog the pores on your skin and lead it to acne.
- Facial scrub:- Also, use a facial scrub regularly to remove dead skin and clean the clogged pores. Wash off the scrub with lukewarm water instead of cold water.
Monsoon Skin Care for Dry Skin
Dry skin needs hydration even in the monsoons. It turns itchy and irritated because of the humidity. Dry skin also has eczema but you can prevent your skin from turning this by just following simple skincare measures.
What to do:-
- Hydration is the key:– To prevent your already dry skin from becoming drier and itchy you need to stay hydrated. Keeping yourself hydrated will solve most of your skin issues and also discard the toxins out of the body.
- Cream-based makeup remover:- It is important to remove your makeup before going to bed. Use cream-based makeup remover to prevent your skin from becoming drier and itchy after removing the makeup. If you go for a cream-based moisturizer your skin will not lose all of its moisture. In case you don’t have a cream-based makeup remover you can use coconut oil as a makeup remover.
- Moisturize frequently:- To keep the outer layer of the skin hydrated, moisturize your skin frequently. Moisturizing frequently will make your skin look healthy and you will feel soft and supple. Opt for a moisturizer that has SPF in it or you can also make one for you. Use rosewater and glycerin for healthy and glowing skin.
Best Monsoon Skincare!
Follow these simple yet amazing monsoon skincare tips to get a healthy skin even in the monsoon. No need to hustle for any expensive skincare product, try these easy skincare tips to glow in monsoon. Best way to stay safe from infections and skin problems is to try home remedies. Avoid chemical-based products as they may cause infection and irritation during this season. Instead, opt for natural and homemade skincare products.